In lieu of Teaser Tuesday today, I'm posting a list of the books I'm planning to read. We're not going to be on vacation for a full week, so there are significantly more books than the one/day limit I should by rights set myself -- especially since some of them are likely too long to finish in a day -- but I need variety, you know? So. Without further ado:
- The Curse of the Tahiera by Wendy Gillissen (I'm cheating - I'm actually almost done this one already)
- Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld (funny how this one jumped to the head of the queue)
- Libyrinth by Pearl North
- First Comes Marriage by Mary Balogh
- Ranma 1/2 (Volumes 16 and 17) by Rumiko Takahashi
- The Singing by Alison Croggon
- A Drowned Maiden's Hair by Laura Amy Schlitz
- A 21st Century Courtesan by Eden Bradley
- A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway
- Riddle-Master by Patricia A. McKillip
- Sunshine by Robin McKinley
That might be it but I'm not making any promises. Sometimes there are things like used book stores that have a way of sneaking up on you. Have a great week, everyone!
What a wonderful list!! I'm wondering how you've already gotten your hands on a copy of Leviathan, though... :) Happy reading, and have a lovely vacation! (you will LOVE Sunshine. at least, I hope you will.)
Oooh, Leviathan! Enjoy!
celi.a - I got my hands on Leviathan thanks to my awesome local bookstore and Mandy. As for Sunshine, I know I'll enjoy it -- it's my standard vacation read, in case I can't seem to get into anything else. It's been a while since I've re-read it though, so I'm extra looking forward to it this time.
Nymeth - Thank you, I will! And I'm sure to let everyone know how much.
My copy of The Naming came in on Friday, paperback, and it is so beautiful. The world stopped around me and I stared and ogled. It is such a big book, and a trilogy! but I want to get to it before Xmas.
Mandy - it goes so fast! No worries about the length, seriously. And... I feel I should warn you... it's 4 books. They're all that long, too.
The second one isn't quite as good, but the third is fantastic. I still haven't made it to The Singing and I'm pretty sure I'm subconsciouly stalling.
Post a Comment